- Choreographer: George Balanchine
- Music: Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Costumes: Janet Marie Groom
- Lighting: Julie Duro
- World Premiere: New York City Ballet, March 19, 1960
- PBT Performance Date: April 2006
Program Notes (from PBT playbill, 2006)
The music for this ballet was originally intended for the Black Swan pas de deux in Act III of Swan Lake, but was not used by Petipa. However, it was later found and used by George Balanchine to create a display piece based on the music and the maximum gifts of virtuoso performers.