Welcome to the PBT media room where you can find the latest press releases, company news and announcements in one spot.
For press inquiries please contact Meghan Swartz, associate director of communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-454-9117.
2017-2018 Season Fast Facts
- Five full-length ballets onstage October through early May
- A reprisal of the thrilling story ballet, Dracula, over Halloween weekend
- 24 performances of PBT’s Pittsburgh-inspired The Nutcracker, including a Dec. 1, Student Matinee and a Dec. 26, sensory-friendly performance designed for patrons with sensory sensitivities and other special needs
- A two-weekend run of Swan Lake featuring the live PBT Orchestra and brand-new scenic designs by world-renowned designer, Peter Farmer
- March mixed repertory program at the August Wilson Center featuring world premiere works by seven emerging choreographers from PBT’s own company of dancers
- Company premiere of Jerome Robbins’ West Side Story Suite + In the Night, presented by UPMC as part of national centennial celebrations for Jerome Robbins and Leonard Bernstein
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre Unveils 2018-2019 Season
Julia Erickson to Close 17-year Career with Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre Debuts Brand-new Scenery for ‘Swan Lake’
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre and Dance Theatre of Harlem Join Forces for August Wilson Center Performances
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre Announces 2017-2018 Season Lineup Featuring Company Premiere of ‘West Side Story Suite’
More than 1,500 Students, Educators to Kick off 15th Annual ‘The Nutcracker’
Long-time Principal Dancer to Give Farewell Performance at ‘Giselle’
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre Opens 47th Season with Haunting Story of ‘Giselle’
Photos & Video
For high-res photos or HD video footage, please contact Meghan Swartz, associate director of communications, at email@example.com or 412-454-9117. Or, visit our media gallery for a selection of photos suitable for web uses. Please credit all photographers.
We also invite credentialed media representatives to photograph behind-the-scenes at our studios, in our costume shop or at the theater during our full dress rehearsals.
2017-2018 Season Dress Rehearsals
6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26, 2017 – Benedum Center
Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017 (time TBA) – Benedum Center
Swan Lake with the PBT Orchestra
Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018 (time TBA) – Benedum Center
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre: New Works
Thursday, March 15, 2018 (time TBD) – August Wilson Center
UPMC Presents West Side Story Suite + In the Night
Thursday, May 3, 2018 – Benedum Center
Contact Meghan Swartz, associate director of communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-454-9117 to confirm time and details of dress rehearsals.