Storytelling In Motion
- Date: Oct 6 - Oct 9, 2022
- Venue: August Wilson African American Cultural Center
Choreography: Nacho Duato, Helen Pickett and Goyo Montero | Music: Claude Debussy, John Corigliano, Joacquin Sabina, Vinicius de Moraes
The 22 – 23 season kicks off with a taste of the world in Pittsburgh, highlighting internationally acclaimed choreographers whose work will excite audiences with innovative, thought-provoking and athletic performances. Nacho Duato’s Duende, which means “elf” in Spanish, lives up to its name with sculptural and otherworldly choreography keenly adapted to Debussy’s ethereal score. Helen Pickett’s The Exiled takes a departure from the ballet norms with a dramatic story that examines the complexity of human morality through a combination of ballet and narration. Finally, Goyo Montero’s Alrededor No Hay Nada pushes the boundaries of human physicality with this stirring and poetic piece that showcases the dancers’ athleticism.
Artists: Tommie Kesten and Josiah Kauffman | Photo: Duane Rieder
- Thursday, October 6, 2022 – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 7, 2022 – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 8, 2022 – 2 p.m.
- Saturday, October 8, 2022 – 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 9, 2022- 2 p.m.