Join more than 4,000 other students and educators this year for thrilling ballet and breathtaking fantasy in our matinee performances of The Nutcracker and Alice in Wonderland. Your students’ imaginations will soar as they experience:
- a full-length, main-stage production performed by professional dancers
- a magical theatrical world with lavish sets, colorful costumes and dramatic lighting
- the artistry and athleticism of PBT’s professional dancers
- the historic Benedum Center for the Performing Arts, a stunning Pittsburgh landmark
Friday, December 2, 2016 at 11 a.m.
Alice in Wonderland
Friday, February 10, 2017 at 11 a.m.
All tickets are $14 each. Bus Funding is available for qualifying schools. Click here for more information. Call the Group Sales Department at 412.454.9101 or email email@example.com to make your reservations today.
Complementary Educational Programs
Enrich your Student Matinee experience through our complementary education programs:
- Professional Development for Educators: Educators are invited to attend a workshop at PBT Studios full of tools for introducing ballet to students and integrating the ballet into classroom curriculum.
- In Step: Student groups of 40 or more are eligible for a free In Step, a 45-minute preparatory program that brings dancers to your school for an up-close look at ballet training and the upcoming production.
- Teacher Resource Guide: Receive access to this rich guide containing historical and cultural background information about the ballet and curricular support that aligns with PA Academic Standards and Common Core.
For more information: Call 412.454.9109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Matinee Fast Facts
- All shows begin at 11 a.m.
- The Benedum Center is wheelchair accessible. If you have children with special needs, please notify PBT when placing your order.
- Chaperones and bus drivers should be included in your reservation count. All children, regardless of age, must purchase a ticket to attend the performance.
- PBT and the Benedum Center reserve the right to remove students who display inappropriate behavior.
- Backpacks, food and drink are not permitted in the theater. Performance information, participants, dates, times and prices are subject to change.
- Payment Policies: A non-refundable $100 deposit (or 20% of the total price, whichever is greater) is due within 10 days of your ticket reservation. A $5 processing fee is included in the deposit. Final payment is due 30 days prior to the performance date. All payments are final. No refunds or exchanges.
The Raising the Barre bus funding program gives qualifying schools additional funds to support the educational experience of a Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre student matinee performance. Raising the Barre also offers professional development for educators to better prepare their students for attending the ballet. Bus Funding is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to schools that complete the requirements listed in the application. 2016 – 2017 Season Bus Funding: Application coming soon!
The Nutcracker Student Matinee Sponsor: