Student Matinee Performance 2020/21
Fireside Nutcracker Virtual Student Matinee, Dec. 17, 2020
Thank you to the hundreds of students and teachers who viewed our virtual student matinee performance! Please join us again for virtual and in-person student programs!
Fireside Nutcracker educator resources are still available here.
In-Person Student Matinees – General Information
Join more than 4,000 other students and educators in annually for thrilling ballet and breathtaking fantasy. Your students’ imaginations will soar as they experience:
- main-stage productions performed by professional dancers
- a magical theatrical world with lavish sets, colorful costumes and dramatic lighting
- the artistry and athleticism of PBT’s professional dancers
- the dynamic downtown location of the Benedum Center for the Performing Arts
Ticket Reservations – General Information
For in-person student matinees at the theater, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot and purchase tickets.
Complementary Educational Programs
Enrich your Student Matinee experience with these resources and programs:
- Professional Development for Educators: Educators are invited to attend a workshop at PBT Studios full of tools for introducing ballet to students and integrating the ballet into classroom curriculum.
- In Step: A 30-minute preparatory program that offers an up-close look at ballet training. View a recording here; we hope to resume taking this program live to schools in the near future!
- Educator Materials: Receive access to background resources and curricular support that aligns with PA Academic Standards and Common Core.
Bus Funding (for in-person student matinee experiences)
PBT provides funding for bus transportation to schools that send at least one teacher to one of our professional development workshops. Funding allocation is based on the percentage of the school’s student body that is eligible the federal free and reduced price meal program. Click here for more information. Apply for bus funding when you register for the PD workshop. Bus funding is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 412-454-9109.
Student Matinee Fast Facts (for in-person student matinee experiences)
- All matinees begin at 11 a.m.
- The Benedum Center is wheelchair accessible. If you have children with special needs, please notify PBT when placing your order.
- Chaperones and bus drivers should be included in your reservation count. All children, regardless of age, must purchase a ticket to attend the performance.
- PBT and the Benedum Center reserve the right to remove students who display inappropriate behavior.
- Students and teachers must pass through metal detectors to enter the theater. Please see Benedum Center security information here.
- Backpacks, food and drink are not permitted in the theater.
- Performance information, participants, dates, times and prices are subject to change.
- Payment Policies: A non-refundable $100 deposit (or 20% of the total price, whichever is greater) is due within 10 days of your ticket reservation. A $5 processing fee is included in the deposit. Final payment is due 30 days prior to the performance date. All payments are final. No refunds or exchanges.
For more information: Call 412-454-9109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nutcracker Student Matinee Sponsor: