Join more than 4,000 other students and educators in the coming season for thrilling ballet and breathtaking fantasy in our matinee performances of The Nutcracker and Beauty and the Beast! Your students’ imaginations will soar as they experience:
- main-stage productions performed by professional dancers
- a magical theatrical world with lavish sets, colorful costumes and dramatic lighting
- the artistry and athleticism of PBT’s professional dancers
- the dynamic downtown location of the Benedum Center for the Performing Arts
Student Matinee Performances
The Nutcracker at the Benedum Center
Friday, December 6, 2019 at 11 a.m.
Beauty and the Beast at the Benedum Center
Friday February 14, 2020 at 11 a.m.
Call the Group Sales Department at 412.454.9101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservations today.
Complementary Educational Programs
Enrich your Student Matinee experience through our complementary education programs:
- Professional Development for Educators: Educators are invited to attend a workshop at PBT Studios full of tools for introducing ballet to students and integrating the ballet into classroom curriculum.
- In Step: Student groups of 40 or more are eligible for a free In Step, a 45-minute preparatory program that brings dancers to your school for an up-close look at ballet training and the upcoming production.
- Educator Materials: Receive access to background resources and curricular support that aligns with PA Academic Standards and Common Core.
PBT provides funding for bus transportation to schools that send at least one teacher to one of our professional development workshops. Funding allocation is based on the percentage of the school’s student body that is eligible the federal free and reduced price meal program. Click here for more information. Apply for bus funding when you register for the PD workshop. Bus funding is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 412-454-9109.
Student Matinee Fast Facts
- All matinees begin at 11 a.m.
- The Benedum Center is wheelchair accessible. If you have children with special needs, please notify PBT when placing your order.
- Chaperones and bus drivers should be included in your reservation count. All children, regardless of age, must purchase a ticket to attend the performance.
- PBT and the Benedum Center reserve the right to remove students who display inappropriate behavior.
- Students and teachers must pass through metal detectors to enter the theater. Please see Benedum Center security information here.
- Backpacks, food and drink are not permitted in the theater.
- Performance information, participants, dates, times and prices are subject to change.
- Payment Policies: A non-refundable $100 deposit (or 20% of the total price, whichever is greater) is due within 10 days of your ticket reservation. A $5 processing fee is included in the deposit. Final payment is due 30 days prior to the performance date. All payments are final. No refunds or exchanges.
For more information: Call 412-454-9109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nutcracker Student Matinee Sponsor: