Designed for students with autism spectrum disorders or other sensory sensitivities.
We emphasize creative movement principles and modified ballet technique in a welcoming and structured studio environment. Classes are taught by PBT School instructors experienced in adaptive dance with limited space available. Live music/percussion accompanies each class. Caregivers may observe and/or participate in classes if they wish.
In person adaptive dance classes at our PBT studio.
All classes run on Saturdays January 13 – May 11 with no class on March 30.
Ages 6+| 2p.m. – 2:45p.m.
Register on MindBody here or email email@example.com to learn more!
What to Expect for In-Person Classes
- Classes will use elements of ballet and creative movement that focus on patterning, proprioception and artistic discovery.
- Parents/caregivers are asked to wait outside the building following PBT Covid protocols. If accommodations are needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to assist!
- Students are welcome to sit if they need a break. They may exit the room with supervision if they need a break from class.
- Students should wear athletic wear, dance attire or any clothing that allows easy movement. Socks or dance slippers are recommended.
For More Information
Take a look at our pre-visit story and visual vocabulary to get ready for class at PBT!
- Pre-Visit Story: Taking a Dance Class at PBT!
- Visual Vocabulary for PBT Adaptive Dance Class
- Adaptive Dance Teacher: Jamie Murphy; Assistant: Julia Adams
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or 412-454-9128.