Updated on 8.15.2022
PBT School recognizes that we are operating in a world with constantly changing directives and recommendations from a variety of governmental and health authorities. Therefore, we must define a way of doing business that best protects the health of individuals while also transitioning back to working in our offices and studio facilities.
These policies are subject to change at any time as conditions evolve. Changes will be posted on this page and will also be communicated via email to families of enrolled students.
While we understand that families’ perspectives may not align with these policies, all students are required to follow them as a condition of participating in PBT programming, with no exceptions.
The policies below will go into effect in the fall semester of 2022:
- PBT School will not require proof of vaccination to participate in any level of regular school programming (year-round classes or one-day workshops).
- Students should not come to class if they are experiencing any symptoms of Covid.
- If a student does come to class and begins exhibiting symptoms, their parent or guardian may be called to pick them up early at the discretion of PBT staff.
- If a student tests positive for Covid or is considered a close contact of a positive case:
- Masks will be required for all students, as well as all PBT faculty and staff members directly interacting with students, whenever Allegheny County’s community transmission rate is high.
- Generally speaking, masks will be optional whenever Allegheny County’s community transmission rate is medium or low.
- However, PBT School may institute a mask requirement even when the community rate is medium or low depending on positivity rates within our school.
- In the event of a reported positive case in any particular class, all students in that class will be required to wear masks for a period of one week following the report of the positive case, regardless of vaccination status or community transmission rate.
- The building policy regarding Children’s Division families in the building will not apply when Allegheny County’s community transmission rate is high. Children’s Division families will only be permitted in the building when the rate is low or medium.
- Vaccination and masking requirements may differ for students participating in school events and performances (i.e. The Nutcracker). Event-specific policies will be circulated well in advance of the event.