SIGNING UP FOR CLASS
- Clients are strongly encouraged to sign up for class in advance online at Mindbody.com
- All class packages should be purchased online or at the front desk. If you are purchasing a class at the front desk or signing up upon arrival, please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
- All students need to check in at the front desk before each class or private appointment.
- To be courteous of your fellow classmates and for your own safety, please arrive to class on time. Clients who arrive 15 minutes after the start of class will not be permitted into the class.
- Students can check in for class 30 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Locker rooms are available on the second floor down the hall from the Pilates studio for changing and storing belongings during class. Anything left overnight will be taken to the lost and found.
- Spots in dance class are first come first serve.
- Clothing should be comfortable, close-fitting athletic attire, free of large buttons, belts, snaps and zippers. Leotards and tights are optional, but not required.
- Proper footwear is required depending on class type:
- Ballet: ballet slippers or socks
- Contemporary/Jazz: jazz sneakers, lyrical soles, socks or bare feet
- Hip Hop: jazz or exercise sneakers
- Barre Fitness, Pilates Mat/Equipment: sticky socks
- TRX: exercise sneakers or sticky socks
- It is recommended that you bring your own mat for Barre Fitness, Pilates Mat, Core Conditioning and TRX. We have some mats to lend out just in case!
- Please no talking or cell phones during class unless a prior discussion is had with the instructor (Example: being a doctor on call)
- If you have injuries or are pregnant, please bring this to the attention of the instructor before class.
- Any group class reservation must be cancelled two hours prior to start time to avoid being charged for the class.
- Any personal training session must be cancelled 24 hours prior to the session to avoid being charged. In the event of sudden illness or emergency, the fee may be waived at the discretion of studio personnel.
- All scheduling and payments are made in advance. Payments can be made online here.
- If one partner of a duet session is late or cancels the canceling client forfeits their portion of the duet unless the remaining client volunteers to pay for the private session.
Dance & Wellness group classes, as well as any private appointments, will be canceled if the building is closed due to inclement weather. Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre will attempt notification of students at least two hours in advance of any group class or private appointment via email and on their Mindbody account. Credit for classes canceled due to inclement weather will be returned to student accounts for future use.
CREATING A SAFE SPACE
We ask that all community members enter the building showing kindness and respect to staff, instructors, and fellow students. Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre strives to be a welcoming and inclusive place for all. Any harassment, threats or unwelcoming behavior could result in temporary suspension or dismissal from PBT’s Dance & Wellness program.