The “Company Experience” Workshop
Join Artistic Director Terrence S. Orr and PBT company members for an exclusive preview of the life of a professional dancer.
June 12th – 23rd | Ages 16+
- Take part in a training experience designed for advanced, professional-track student dancers.
- Learn traditional, contemporary and new choreography from PBT company dancers and artistic staff.
- Link class experience and professional stage preparation through this unique workshop.
- Perform in a culminating studio showcase open to the public.
- Complements our Intensive Summer Program and other summer training programs.
- Apply early; workshop spots and housing space are limited.
- Audition during the 2017 National Audition Tour.
- Terrence S. Orr, PBT artistic director
- Marjorie Grundvig, PBT School co-director
- Dennis Marshall, PBT School co-director
- Steven Annegarn, PBT ballet master
- Marianna Tcherkassky, PBT ballet mistress
- Christopher Budzynski, PBT principal dancer
- Alejandro Diaz, PBT principal dancer
- Julia Erickson, PBT principal dancer
- Alexandra Kochis, PBT principal dancer
- William Moore, PBT Corps de Ballet
- Yoshiaki Nakano, PBT Principal Dancer
- Cooper Verona, PBT Corps de Ballet dancer
- More to be announced.
- *Subject to change.
A sample daily schedule may look like this:
9:15 -10:45 Class
11:00-2:00 Repertoire rehearsal / learn new work
3:00-4:30 Repertoire rehearsal / learn new work
*Seminars may include topics such as résumé/bio building, sports psychology, sports nutrition
Tuition & Housing
A $350 non-refundable tuition deposit, applicable towards total tuition, is required with completed registration form. The balance of program tuition will be required of all students registering for the workshop and may be paid in two installments.
Supervised dormitory housing is available for students at PBT’s own Byham House and also at Chatham University. Housing cost includes room, meal plan, laundry and transportation for excursions. Housing is limited and awarded on a first-come basis upon acceptance to enrolled students, who have submitted a $500 non-refundable housing deposit. The balance of program tuition will be required of all students registering for the workshop and may be paid in two installments.
How to Apply
Pre-registration and audition are required to apply for this workshop.
Students who wish to be considered must audition at one of PBT School’s Intensive Summer Program auditions (see tour sites and dates here) and must submit a pre-registration form and dance résumé by January 2, 2017. While attendance to PBT School’s Intensive Summer Program is not mandatory for consideration for this workshop, it is encouraged.
For a pre-registration form, click here. Submit this form and dance résumé to the PBT School Office by email at email@example.com, fax at 412-281-9901, or mail at 2900 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15201, by January 2, 2016. Date of receipt will be a consideration for invitations to the workshop.
For questions or additional details, contact the PBT School office at PBTSchool@pittsburghballet.org.