The “Company Experience” Workshop
Join Artistic Director Terrence S. Orr and PBT company members for an exclusive preview of the life of a professional dancer.
JUNE 8-19, 2020 | Ages 16+
- Take part in a training experience designed for advanced, professional-track student dancers.
- Learn traditional, contemporary and new choreography from PBT company dancers and artistic staff.
- Link class experience and professional stage preparation through this unique workshop.
- Perform in a culminating studio showcase open to the public.
- Complements our Intensive Summer Program and other summer training programs.
- Apply early; workshop spots and housing space are limited.
- Audition during the 2020 National Audition Tour.
- Terrence S. Orr, PBT artistic director
- Marjorie Grundvig, PBT School co-director
- Dennis Marshall, PBT School co-director
- Steven Annegarn, PBT ballet master
- Marianna Tcherkassky, PBT ballet mistress
- Christopher Budzynski, former PBT principal dancer, current School Faculty
- Alejandro Diaz, PBT principal dancer
- Alexandra Kochis, PBT principal dancer
- William Moore, PBT soloist dancer
- Yoshiaki Nakano, PBT Principal Dancer
- Cooper Verona, PBT Corps de Ballet dancer
- More to be announced.
- *Subject to change.
A sample daily schedule may look like this:
9:15 -10:45 Class
11:00-2:00 Repertoire rehearsal / learn new work
3:00-4:30 Repertoire rehearsal / learn new work
Tuition & Housing
A $350 non-refundable tuition deposit, applicable towards total tuition, is required with completed registration form. The balance of program tuition will be required of all students registering for the workshop and may be paid in two installments.
Supervised dormitory housing is available at Chatham University. Housing cost includes room, meal plan, laundry and transportation for excursions. Housing is limited and awarded on a first-come basis upon acceptance to enrolled students, who have submitted a the non-refundable housing deposit. The balance of program tuition will be required of all students registering for the workshop and may be paid in two installments.
How to Apply
Auditions are required to apply for this workshop.
Students who wish to be considered must audition during PBT School’s National Audition Tour (see tour sites and dates here). While attendance to PBT School’s Intensive Summer Program is not mandatory for consideration for this workshop, it is encouraged.
For questions or additional details, contact the PBT School office at PBTSchool@pittsburghballet.org.