Designed for students with autism spectrum disorders or other sensory sensitivities.
We emphasize creative movement principles and modified ballet technique in a welcoming and structured studio environment. Classes are taught by PBT School instructors experienced in adaptive dance with limited space available. Live music/percussion accompanies each class. Caregivers may observe and/or participate in classes if they wish.
We are thrilled to be back in person for all of our summer classes!
In-Person Classes at PBT studios
Mondays | June 20 – July 25, 2022
Ages 6+ | 5:30 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
To register: Click on the link below. You will be asked to create an account in our registration system. Then go to the date of the class you’d like to attend and select the class.
Please email email@example.com to learn how to sign up for in-person classes!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Try out one of our classes from Facebook Live here!
It's time for Adaptive Dance on Facebook Live! Students of all ages and abilities can explore creative movement principles and simplified ballet technique in ways that promote body awareness, coordination and communication for every type of learner.
Posted by Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre on Saturday, April 11, 2020
What to Expect for In-Person Classes
- Classes will use elements of ballet and creative movement that focus on patterning, proprioception and artistic discovery.
- Parents/caregivers are asked to wait outside the building following PBT Covid protocols. If accommodations are needed, please email email@example.com and we are happy to assist!
- Students are welcome to sit if they need a break. They may exit the room with supervision if they need a break from class.
- Students should wear athletic wear, dance attire or any clothing that allows easy movement. Socks or dance slippers are recommended.
For More Information
Take a look at our pre-visit story and visual vocabulary to get ready for class at PBT!
- Pre-Visit Story: Taking a Dance Class at PBT!
- Visual Vocabulary for PBT Adaptive Dance Class
- Adaptive Dance Teacher: Jamie Murphy; Assistant: Julia Adams
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-454-9128.