Designed for students with autism spectrum disorders or other sensory sensitivities.
We emphasize creative movement principles and modified ballet technique in a welcoming and structured studio environment. Classes are taught by PBT School instructors experienced in adaptive dance and are limited to 15 students. Live music/percussion accompanies each class. Caregivers may observe and/or participate in classes if they wish.
Saturdays | beginning January 11, 2020. No class on April 4 and April 11.
Adaptive Dance I (ages 6 – 11): 2 – 2:45 p.m.
Adaptive Dance II (ages 12 and up): 3 – 3:45 p.m.
Cost: $5 / class. Your first class is free!
Location: Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, 2900 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15201
To register: Click on the link below. You will be asked to create an account in our registration system. Then go to the date of the class you’d like to attend and select the class. If this is your first class you’ll be able to select the complimentary class option.
What to Expect
- Classes will use elements of ballet and creative movement that focus on patterning, proprioception and artistic discovery.
- Students are welcome to sit on the “relax mat” if they need a break. They may exit the room with supervision if they need a break from class.
- Students should wear athletic wear, dance attire or any clothing that allows easy movement. Socks or dance slippers are recommended.
- Students may bring water bottles to class; there is also a water fountain on site.
For More Information
Take a look at our pre-visit story and visual vocabulary to get ready for class at PBT!
- Pre-Visit Story: Taking a Dance Class at PBT!
- Visual Vocabulary for PBT Adaptive Dance Class
- Adaptive Dance Teacher: Jamie Murphy; Assistant: Julia Adams
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or 412-454-9128.