Themed around classic story ballets, our adaptive dance classes are designed for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders or other sensory sensitivities.
We emphasize creative movement principles and modified ballet technique in a welcoming and structured studio environment. Classes are taught by PBT School instructors experienced in adaptive dance and are limited to 15 students. Live music/percussion accompanies each class. Caregivers may observe and/or participate in classes if they wish.
The Spring 2019 session will begin on January 12, 2019!
Every Saturday. We’ll have two classes for:
- Ages 6 – 12 at 1:45 p.m.
- Ages 13 – 21 at 2:45 p.m.
- NEW! Adult Class beginning March 23, 2019!
Cost: $5.00 / class. $45.00 / semester. First class is free! May be paid in full on the first day of class or on a class-by-class basis. Parents/Care Partners may participate free of charge.
What to Expect
- Classes will use elements of ballet and creative movement that focus on patterning, proprioception and artistic discovery.
- Students are welcome to sit on the “relax mat” if they need a break or may exit the room with supervision if they need a break from class.
- Students should wear moveable clothing, athletic wear or dance attire with socks or ballet shoes.
- Students may bring water bottles to class is they desire, but there is a water fountain on site.
For More Information
Take a look at our pre-visit story and visual vocabulary to get ready for class at PBT!
- Pre-Visit Story: Taking a Dance Class at PBT!
- Visual Vocabulary for PBT Adaptive Dance Class
- Adaptive Dance Teacher: Ms. Jamie Murphy; Assistant: Ms. Julia Adams
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-454-9109.