Building Policy and Code of Conduct 2022-2023
For the 2022-23 school year, PBT School’s building policies will be as follows:
- Parents/guardians of Children’s Division dancers will be allowed to wait in the lobby of the building during the duration of their child’s class period only.
- This policy will not apply when Allegheny County’s community transmission rate is high. Children’s Division families will only be permitted in the building when the rate is low or medium.
- Parents/guardians of dancers in other divisions will not be permitted in the building on a regular basis.
- Parents/guardians of dancers in all divisions will be allowed in the building for Observation Days or other special occasions.
Parents and guardians are expected to:
- Be respectful toward all employees of Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre and Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School.
- Respect the fact that our building is a place of employment and education, and that parents/guardians are guests in the space.
- Be respectful of other PBT School families. With the exception of any parent/guardian volunteers who have been asked to help coordinate rehearsals or performances, no parent/guardian may discipline a child not their own. Any concerns should immediately be directed to the School office.
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before class and leave following the completion of class.
- Remain in the lobby of the building only. Families are not permitted elsewhere in the building.
- Refrain from disrupting class or observing through the windows. This is distracting to both students and faculty. Taking photos or videos of classes is strictly prohibited.
- Request an appointment, at least two weeks in advance, to meet with the School Director, Operations Manager or Faculty.
Access to the building is considered a privilege and is not guaranteed. Parents/guardians who do not follow the code of conduct may be denied access to the building at PBT School discretion.