PBT offers audio-described performances for patrons with blindness or low vision, or anyone interested in listening to a live narration of the production.
Patrons experience the performance through verbal description of the action on stage, including choreography, story line, scenery and costumes. Pre-show notes, with production and program information, begin about 20 minutes prior to the start of the performance.
Upcoming Audio-described Performances
The Great Gatsby: Sun., Feb. 10, 2019, 2 p.m.
PBT + DTH: Sun., March 17, 2019, 2 p.m.
The Sleeping Beauty: Sat., May 11, 2019, 2 p.m.
For questions or to register for audio-described performances contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-454-9128.
At the theater: Sign out a headset for an audio-described performance at the Guest Services Center located directly next to the elevator in the Benedum Center lower lobby. An ID is required to borrow a headset. Please see an usher when you arrive for more assistance.
2018 – 2019 Season Audio Program Notes
Mozart in Motion Audio Notes (Includes program and costume notes) and music.
- Divertimento No. 15 Notes
- Petite Mort Notes
- Sechs Tänze
- Music: Sechs Deutsche Tanze
The Nutcracker Audio Notes
Audio recordings of program notes for the rest of the 2018 – 2019 season will be available 2 weeks prior to the performance.
Audio Notes for Previous Performances
Listen to select notes from past seasons!
PBT is grateful to the Carnegie Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped for making this service possible by providing narrators, recordings, and technical support.
- Large-print and braille programs also are available at the theater.
- VocalEyes Ltd, a UK charity devoted to audio description and accessibility of all arts and cultural genres, has wonderful resources about audio description for dance.
- For more information about PBT’s accessibility services, please visit our accessibility page.