Resources for Educators
Professional Development Workshops
Join fellow educators to delve into the rich history, dancing, and music of the upcoming production. Explore fun and educational ways to incorporate the ballet into your classroom and prepare students to attend a performance. Leave feeling inspired and ready to share the wonder and joy of live dance with your students!
Please check back for updated information!
PD Workshop Fast Facts
Act 48 hours available!
Cost: FREE for educators bringing students to the corresponding matinee, or $60 (includes breakfast, lunch, and resource materials)
Bus funding: For in person student matinee experiences, attending the workshop entitles qualifying schools to apply for bus funding assistance. Check out the link to see if you qualify.
Questions? 412-454-9109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher Resource Guides
PBT’s Education team designs teacher resource guides to help you enhance your students’ experience at the ballet. The guides provide curricular support with contextual information and activities that align with PDE Academic Standards.
- The Nutcracker
- Beauty and the Beast
- Alice in Wonderland
- Don Quixote
- The Great Gatsby
- Indigo in Motion
- Light/The Holocaust and Humanity Project
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Peter Pan
- The Sleeping Beauty
- Swan Lake
- West Side Story Suite + In the Night + Fancy Free
TEACH at PBT Advisory Group
We are looking for your educational expertise! Join “TEACH at PBT:”
- Community Helpers
This advisory group
- impacts PBT education programs through participation, input and reflection
- brainstorms new offerings and revise current education programs
- networks with other educators in Southwestern Pennsylvania
- gets an exclusive look at behind-the-scenes action at the ballet
For more information: Call 412-454-9109 or email email@example.com.