Elementary Creative Movement Educators’ Resource Guide
Welcome to PBT’s Creative Movement Residency
Welcome to our Creative Movement Portal – a resource for educators who are participating in our 9-week residency in Creative Movement!
What is Creative Movement?
Creative movement is just that: moving our bodies in a creative way and requires no formal dance training. Creative movement classes are designed to encourage a child’s imagination and exploration through guided movement exercises.
How can Creative Movement help my students?
The primary goals of creative movement classes are for each child to develop an enjoyment of movement and learn how to control their moving bodies. Classes can also help your student:
- develop inhibitory control, working memory, and cognitive flexibility
- awaken their five senses
- developing literacy skills
- develop healthy physical activity habits
- gain positive self-awareness, social skills, and overall brain power
What’s the process?
It’s easy to bring Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre into your classroom!
Step 1: Fill out the Registration and Pre-Residency Survey
Step 2: Curriculum & Planning
- Once you’ve registered, Associate Director of Education, Lindsey Kaine, will contact you to schedule your residency and talk through lesson plans that are of interest to you and your students.
- Take a look at our Creative Movement Activity Guide here.
Step 3: Post-Residency Survey
- Once we near the end of our residency, we will send a post survey out for you to complete to help us continue to grow our programs!
- Questions about the program or registration process? Email Lindsey Kaine, email@example.com.
Elementary Creative Movement Residency is generously funded by the PA Education Improvement Tax Credit Program.
If you would like to send a letter out to parents/guardians explaining the creative movement residency and Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre coming to your classroom, you can find a template here!
Thank you very much for agreeing to participate in our creative movement residency, we can’t wait to dance with you!