Frequently Asked Questions About Fireside Nutcracker
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the Fireside Nutcracker video be available?
You will receive a link to the video at the email provided at registration. It can take a few minutes for the confirmation email to arrive. If you do not see it, check your spam or promotions folders. The video will be available to watch through midnight on Dec. 31, 2020.
Where can I watch the video?
A link to PBT’s Fireside Nutcracker will be emailed to you at the email address you used to register. Once you have the link, you can watch the video on the PBT website or on YouTube through your computer, tablet, smartphone or smart TV. For instructions on how to watch Fireside Nutcracker through the YouTube application on your smart TV, see below.
How much does it cost to watch PBT’s Fireside Nutcracker?
There is no cost to watching the video thanks to our generous sponsors. Help keep us dancing through the new year and beyond with a donation of any amount. Give here.
I didn’t register before the premiere. Can I still watch?
Absolutely! Simply fill out the registration form at here to receive your link.
I have not received a link. What should I do?
If you registered for Fireside Nutcracker and did not receive a link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I share the video with a friend?
Friends and family can visit pbt.org/nutcracker to receive the video at no cost as well.
What ages is Fireside Nutcracker appropriate for?
PBT’s Fireside Nutcracker is suitable for all ages! Keep in mind, however, that the battle scene may be intense for very young viewers and that the run time is approximately 75 minutes (with the option to pause and restart at any time).
How can I make PBT’s Fireside Nutcracker a sensory-friendly or accessible performance?
Find tips on how to make your viewing experience a sensory-friendly one, along with information about additional accessible programs, here!
Join us for an audio-described viewing of PBT’s Fireside Nutcracker with MaryAnn Graziano, PBT’s long-time audio describer, at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 19. Register here. A recording of the audio-described performance will be made available after.
How can I support PBT?
This season has been unlike any other in Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre’s history. Your help can keep PBT creating, connecting, innovating and inspiring. Keep us dancing by supporting your Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre.
Ways to Give
Online through our secure form here.
Call PBT’s Development Office at 412-454-9127
Mail a check to 2900 Liberty Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15201
How can I watch PBT’s Fireside Nutcracker on my smart TV?
You have several options to watch Fireside Nutcracker, including through the YouTube app on your smart TV or connected device, such as a Roku or Amazon Fire TV Stick.
You have the option to connect your computer or mobile device to your TV using an HDMI cord or casting device, such as Chromecast or Airplay.
You also have the option to use the YouTube app to view Fireside Nutcracker. The simplest way to do this is to save the Fireside Nutcracker video to your Watch Later list on YouTube and pull it up on your smart TV. To do this:
- Log in to your YouTube account on your computer or mobile device. You will not be able to save a video to your Watch Later list unless you are logged in.
- Click the Fireside Nutcracker link emailed to you by PBT. This will direct you to a page on pbt.org that houses the video.
- To add the video to your Watch Later list, click the Watch Later button in the upper righthand corner of the video. (The icon should be second from the right and look like a clock.) This will add the video to your Watch Later playlist.
- To find the video on your smart TV or connected device, launch the YouTube app. Click Library – usually on the left side of the screen – and select Watch Later. This will bring up the playlist of all of your Watch Later videos. From here, simply click on Fireside Nutcracker and begin watching.
- Note: These are general instructions that may not apply directly to your device. Your menu display could differ depending on your individual smart TV or connected device.
What can I do about low streaming quality?
There are many things that can impact the quality of your streaming video. Each situation may be different, and while we can’t provide individual troubleshooting, here are a few things you can try to improve your stream quality.
- Reduce the number of internet-connected devices that could be impacting your bandwidth. Videos streaming on other devices, too many open browser tabs or applications running in the background of your device could interfere with the quality of your Fireside Nutcracker experience. Make sure all unnecessary programs are closed and that there isn’t another video being streamed on your network for the best quality.
- Restart your computer or device. This could help eliminate potential interference from background applications and free up space for better viewing.
- Restart your modem and wireless router. Your router itself could be the cause of lower-quality streaming. By restarting your modem and router, you can help ensure that everything is running smoothly.
- When in doubt, consult the internet. If you’ve troubleshooted your device and are still experiencing low-quality streaming, you may want to search the internet for any additional troubleshooting options specific to your device.