Pre-K Creative Movement Educators’ Resource Guide
Welcome to PBT’s Creative Movement Residency
Welcome to our Creative Movement Portal – a resource for educators who are participating in our 9-week residency in Creative Movement!
What is Creative Movement?
Creative movement is just that: moving our bodies in a creative way and requires no formal dance training. Creative movement classes are designed to encourage a child’s imagination and exploration through guided movement exercises.
How can Creative Movement help my students?
The primary goals of creative movement classes are for each child to develop an enjoyment of movement and learn how to control moving their bodies. Classes can also help your student:
- develop healthy physical activity habits
- awaken their five senses
- developing early literacy skills- talking and listening
- exercise their critical thinking skills
- gain positive self-awareness, social skills, and overall brain power
What’s the process?
Community Education Coordinator Kerra Alexander will contact you to schedule a pre-residency meeting. The sections below outline the process throughout the residency.
Step 1: Registration and Pre-Residency Survey
- Forms to be completed prior to your planning meeting.
Step 2: Planning & Curriculum
- Forms to be completed after your planning meeting and other useful resources.
Step 3: Post-Residency Survey
- Survey to be completed following the conclusion of the residency.
Pre-K Creative Movement Residency is generously funded by the PNC Grow Up Great! Initiative.
Step 1 – Registration and Pre-Residency Survey
We are excited to have you on board for our 2019-2020 residencies. Please complete the registration and pre-residency survey linked below.
What you will need:
- A complete class roster with student’s birth dates in .pdf or .jpg form. (A cell phone picture will work perfectly fine.)
Please complete the form in the link to register your class for PBT’s Creative Movement Residency.
Step 2 – Planning and Curriculum
Now that you have completed your planning meeting with Community Education Coordinator Kerra Alexander, we can begin our second step, which will take a little time.
First, please review our packet of activity suggestions for you and your students.
Next, complete our planning form to confirm which activities fit best in your classroom.
Lastly, please submit a weekly log for each week of the residency.
|WEEK 1||WEEK 2||WEEK 3|
|WEEK 4||WEEK 5||WEEK 6|
|WEEK 7||WEEK 8||WEEK 9|
Step 3 – Post-Residency Survey
Please complete the Post-Residency Survey below, so that we can continue to bring you exciting and educational programming.
- CREATIVE MOVEMENT CURRICULUM
- PRE-K CREATIVE MOVEMENT ACTIVITY DESCRIPTIONS
- PARENT/GUARDIAN INTRODUCTION LETTER
Thank you very much for agreeing to participate in our creative movement residency!