Bus Funding for Schools
We believe all schools should have the opportunity to attend our student matinee performances.
To help offset the cost of field trips, we offer bus funding to schools based on the percentage of students who are eligible for the federal free and reduced meals program.
To be eligible for funding schools must:
- Be eligible for the federal free and reduced meals program.
- Attend our Professional Development Workshop for the corresponding student matinee. Schools must send at least one educator or administrator to our workshop. Act 48 hours and reimbursement for the cost of a substitute are available.
- Complete the PD workshop and bus funding application at least 10 days prior to the workshop (registration coming soon).
- The Nutcracker Professional Development Workshop, Friday, Oct. 28, 2022, 9:30 a.m – 12:30 p.m.
- The Sleeping Beauty Professional Development Workshop, Friday, April 21, 2023, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Submit ticket request to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the PD workshop.
- Prepare students to attend the matinee to the best of your ability.
- Ensure there is one adult chaperone for every 20 students attending the matinee.
- Complete the post-performance evaluation forms available after the matinee.
Percentage of students at your school who are eligible for the federal free and reduced price meals program // PBT funding allocation
50 – 100 % // $200
26 – 49 % // $150
21 – 25% // $125
Bus funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information please contact email@example.com or 412-454-9109.