1. Is there anything more magical than a moonlit sleigh ride? Maybe only one that’s heading to a beautiful Land of Enchantment…
2. Remember that one childhood gift that had you dancing around the room with glee? Marie’s rapture upon receiving the mysterious Nutcracker doll triggers the nostalgia every time.
3. And speaking of toys, did yours ever experience a magical growth spurt and come to life overnight? Because Marie’s did, and it’s epic.
4. Of course, this transformation includes the most magical gift of all: the Nutcracker. And by this point in the action, we challenge anyone to fit a more colossal Christmas tree in their living room!
5. Whether you prefer to play, sled or dance in it, The Nutcracker‘s glorious Snow Scene delivers a white Christmas every single time.
6. The Nutcracker always manages to renew our belief in dreams real or fantastic. So go ahead, let visions of sugar plums dance in your head, and imagine the silvery notes of the celesta as you gaze upon the dreamlike Sugar Plum Fairy, who seems to just skim the stage with her feather-light steps and quicksilver turns.
7. Last but not least is where the real magic lies: The Nutcracker‘s special way of bringing the joy and excitement of the season bubbling to the surface for the young and the young at heart.
Plan your own night (or afternoon) of holiday magic at www.pbt.org/nutcracker or calling 412-456-6666. The Nutcracker runs Dec. 1-27, at the Benedum Center. Tickets start at just $28. Use promo code PBTTRADITION2017 to save 10% on select seats now until Nov. 22.