Facebook: Erin Casale
Born in Johnstown, PA
Grew up in Johnstown, PA and Stafford, VA
Johnstown Concert Ballet
Academy of Russian Ballet
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School & Graduate Program
Joined PBT as an Apprentice in 2019
Promoted to Corps de Ballet in 2021
- 1st Flash (Jormo Elo)
- Allegro Brilliante (George Balanchine ©The George Balanchine Trust)
- Boléro (Susan Jaffe)
- Carmina Terra (Susan Jaffe)
- Divertimento No. 5 (George Balanchine ©The George Balanchine Trust)
- Dracula (Michael Pink)
- Duende (Nacho Duato)
- Giselle (Jean Coralli and Jules Perrot)
- Great Gatsby (Jorden Morris)
- Raymonda (Marius Petipa)
- Rubies (George Balanchine ©The George Balanchine Trust)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Marius Petipa)
- Swan Lake (Susan Jaffe)
- Swan Lake (Terrence S. Orr)
- The Nutcracker (Terrence S. Orr)
- Theme and Variations (George Balanchine ©The George Balanchine Trust)
- Western Symphony (George Balanchine ©The George Balanchine Trust)
- Dance Magazine “Top 25 to Watch” in 2023
- Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP) Top 12 in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Summer Intensives with Harid Conservatory and Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School
- Yellowstone International Arts Festival in 2022
- Dance Magazine’s “Top 25 to Watch” Live event in New York City, 2023
- Husband – PBT Artist Josiah Kauffman
- 3 pet hamsters that I adore
What was a defining moment in your career?
The 2022-23 season. I got to work with so many choreographers – Helen Pickett, Jorma Elo, Jim Vincent and Judith Fugate. And I got to really improve the areas where I struggled. I was also awarded Dance Magazine’s “Top 25 to Watch”!
Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
Going home to visit my husband’s family in Bozeman, Montana. It’s so different compared to where I grew up, and there are always new and fun things to do!
If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet?
Steve Carell – I’m a huge Office nerd.