Facebook: Ariana Chernyshev
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School
The Washington School of Ballet
Joined PBT as an Apprentice in 2021
- 1st Flash (Jormo Elo)
- Catharsis (Yoshiaki Nakano)
- Don Quixote (Marius Petipa)
- Dracula (Michael Pink)
- Le Corsaire (Marius Petipa)
- La Esmeralda (Jules Perrot)
- The Nutcracker (Terrence S. Orr)
- Paquita (Marius Petipa)
- Polyphonia (Christopher Wheeldon)
- Rubies (George Balanchine ©The George Balanchine Trust)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Marius Petipa)
- Swan Lake (Susan Jaffe)
- Theme and Variations (George Balanchine ©The George Balanchine Trust)
- Yoga teacher for Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School
- Summer Intensives with Pacific Northwest Ballet School, Chautauqua Institute, American Ballet Theatre School, Cincinnati Ballet School and Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School
- Guest artist in Tulsa Ballet’s production of Marcello Angelini’s Swan Lake
Great Pyrenees named Daenerys (nicknamed “Dani”)
What was a defining moment in your career?
Dancing in a triple bill in The Masters Program: Balanchine and Beyond was when it really hit me that I was actually living out my dream as a company member with Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre. It was exhausting, but so incredibly fulfilling. I will always look back on that time with a full heart.
What’s the most memorable day you’ve ever had?
The day I first met my grandparents when they immigrated to the United States from Azerbaijan. My sweet Baba is at every performance, usually cries with pride and always gives me a “thank you” card afterward. Having them here means the world to me.
What are the first 3 things you do every morning?
Go through my skincare routine. Even in cloudy Pittsburgh, I do not forget to leave the house without SPF!